Arch Inverted Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maciej "Rootlin" Borzym

3 posters

Go down

Maciej "Rootlin" Borzym Empty Maciej "Rootlin" Borzym

Post  Rootlin Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:51 pm

First Officer reporting in! [smile]

My name is Rootlin.
And I will be the first offcer here.
I invite you to read my post!

The Story

Well.. Finally I am here, team slowly asambles.
What I will start with is why I am here, then who am I.

I met Ninetongues(I know him, and call him by his real name and prefer that) about 8,5 years ago. Maybe a bit more. Those were dark times, no RPGs here in Poland, or at laest real, innovative RPGs. What was on our market was simply totally unsatysfying. Those were basic games with no real innovation, games that did not give the feeling which in SF literature is called "sense of wonder". Yes, it is important part of RPGs. Real vital one.

So we met - It started out with RPG game ofcourse(that's kind of unusual, isn't it? :P). I had some contact with RPGs before, even a lot of contact, however the games seemed incompleate to me, enclosed, ones with which my imagination was imprisoned. So I looked for something new, and actually I decided to desing some things of my own.

We met with, so called here :), Ninetongues. It seemed our games are kind of similar, what we developed, seemed to me was parts of one thing, or similar things. There was periods we did not see eachother for about.. few months even, and then we met, and we found out we developed our games on similar level, which means: Similar inventions, ideas, solutions, and most of all, most importantly similar game-philosopy: The thing which we called HyperFantasy. This term defines, we belive, kind of new RPG type represented by our games. I will write about this concept later in another post.

Anyway back to me...

About me

I develop RPG games, and play them about 9 years now, which means I had 13 yo when I started.
I also try to ilustrate my games with simple drawn image concepts I make.
I have designed things to many games just for fun and played various RPGs but most heart I put in my own game.

My own game is called HyperFantasy. I was looking for a good name for my game, but had problem to find one. I was also thinking on RPG gernes like heroic fantasy and so on trying to find to which my game belongs. But I did not find any. So, in a joke I said once the game is more then fantasy, it is a HyperFantasy game. We decided it is a type of RPGs I and Nine play. Soon after that I decided my game will be called HyperFantasy, as it was best term to name it. I always felt like it is just the essence of my game, although both games HF and AI was HyperFantasy breed.

Finally, Nine lately asked me to help him develop his game. I belive the game is something new, fresh, as whole kind we represent, the HyperFantasy. When he asked me to help him finalize, and develop his project I decided to focus only on that project.
I belive the first HF game will be sort of a legendary. The game will be something new, not known before. A new type of games. New breed. So the logial solution to having two similar games, games inspired by eachother is to create one which we failed to do even we tried. Each of use did not wanted to resign from anything in his world. But then again, what is the sense of bringing to market two similar systems. We do not want, and never compeated with eachother, it was cooperation which is best to define: mutual inspiration. I decided to put all the best things of my system to support Nine's AI holes, which he claims AI still posses. I hope the result will be the best game RPG world have seen for years. A legendary one.

So, I feel happy that the name, HyperFantasy I invented and designed under will be brand here aswell. A good start, and one that makes me emotionally conected to this work, the AI project. Which is a success of your's Nine.

Hi everyone! As I said, I am Rootlin.
Rootlin
Rootlin

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : First Officer
Humor : Serious? Nah! :)
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Back to top Go down

Maciej "Rootlin" Borzym Empty Re: Maciej "Rootlin" Borzym

Post  kimerajamm Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:07 am

I met Ninetongues(I know him, and call him by his real name and prefer that) about 8,5 years ago. Maybe a bit more. Those were dark times, no RPGs here in Poland, or at laest real, innovative RPGs. What was on our market was simply totally unsatysfying. Those were basic games with no real innovation, games that did not give the feeling which in SF literature is called "sense of wonder". Yes, it is important part of RPGs. Real vital one.

kimerajamm

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post  heroisthai Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 am

So the logial solution to having two similar games, games inspired by eachother is to create one which we failed to do even we tried. Each of use did not wanted to resign from anything in his world. But then again, what is the sense of bringing to market two similar systems

heroisthai

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2010-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down